Ultimate Guide to Fix Canon Printer Common Issues
If the Canon printer’s ink cartridge isn’t getting recognized, it may be necessary to reset it. If you don’t want to see any errors or damage to the cartridge, it must be reset correctly in your printer. We have several ways to reset your Canon printer’s ink cart. You can also look through these methods to reset your printer’s default state by factory setting it. These methods are also applicable to certain models.
Today’s post will cover how to reset printer canon ink cartridge.
Resetting or Factory Resetting a Canon Printer
Resetting the Canon printer factory can make it as good as new. The printer’s settings will be restored to the original state they came in. You can reset it using the Setup option. Next, press it. Next, choose Reset Setting. The user will then need to choose the Reset All option. These options can be selected using the arrow buttons on your Canon printer during the factory reset process.
We will now discuss the steps required to perform this procedure correctly. These steps are listed below:
- On your Canon printer, select “Setup“.
- Go to “Device Settings“. This option can be reached by using the arrow buttons on your Canon printer.
- Push the “Ok” button.
- Use the arrow buttons to select ” Setup “.
- Tap “Ok“.
- Choose “Reset All“. You can select it using the device’s arrow buttons.
- Again push “Ok“.
- After this, opt for “Yes“.
- Click the ” Ok ” button once more.
Now your Canon printer can be reset or factory reset. It is important to note that to use your device further, you will need to repeat the process of setting it up.
How do I reset my Canon printer to factory settings?
Some people may need help resetting the Canon printer’s factory settings. This section explains how to do this. You can follow the procedure by first finding and pressing the Stop button until you hear the alarm ring. Once you have heard the alarm at least 19 more times, you can hit the Start button. Gradually you’ll be able to reset your Canon printer back to factory settings.
- Press the ” Stop ” button until a ringing alarm sounds on your device.
- After the alarm rings or flashes 19 times, press the ” ” button.
- The factory settings will be restored to your printer. You will then need to uninstall its drivers.
- Reinstall the most recent drivers.
How do I reset my Canon PIXMA Printer back to factory default settings?
Your Canon PIXMA printer may not function as smoothly in certain circumstances. You can reset the printer to its factory default settings. Reset the factory default settings by going to Device Settings after your printer has been turned on. Also, choose to reset these settings. Now, factory reset your device by following the instructions.
- Start your Canon PIXMA Printer.
- Search for ” Settingsspan-data-preserver-spaces=”true “>”. This option will be found in the menu. You can choose it by using the arrows.
- Now, select “Ok“.
- Choose “Resetting“.
- Hit “Ok“.
- Next, turn off your printer.
- At the same time, press the “Stop”, and “Power” buttons.
- Press the Power button. Next, release “Stop” Next, release “Stop”.
- After 30 seconds, “O”, will appear on the screen. Tap on “Stop” four times to continue.
- Next, push the ” ” button twice.
- To turn off your printer, click the ” Power ” button.
Resetting the Canon Printer’s Ink Cartridge
Canon printers can be reset using the Power button. A chip can be used to reset the cartridges by following a specific procedure. Some Canon devices may have a Stop, Resume or Ok button. You can also use this button for this purpose. Surprisingly they can be reset by simply reinstalling ink cartridges.
You can choose one of the six methods on this page to reset your Canon ink cartridge. Be sure to consider the model of the printer when choosing the method. Consider whether the method you choose will work with your printer.
Method 1 – Reset Canon Ink Cartridge Using the Power Button
The most common method to reset your Canon printer’s ink cartridges is to use the Power button. This method is only possible if your printer is not turned on. Next, press the Power button. Next, push the Power button. The Stop button should be left for a while. After that, press the Power button again. Then, follow these simple steps to reset your device’s ink cartridge.
- Turn off your Canon printer.
- Press the “Power”, together with the “Stop”, buttons.
- Click the ” Stop ” button.
- Press the “Stop”, while still holding the “Power”, button. Double-press the “Stop” button.
- After 30 seconds, you will see “O”.
- Now press the “Stop” button four times, then the “Power” button twice.
- Again, press the “Power” button. The printer will then turn off.
- Remove the USB and power cables from the Canon printer.
- Continue pressing the Power button to access the ink cartridge doors. Connect the cables.
- Close ink cartridge door.
Method 2: Resetting Canon Ink Cartridge via Chip
The second method will be explained. This chip is used to reset the Canon printer’s ink cartridge. To initiate this process, locate the door to the device and open it. Then, remove the cartridge. The cartridge must be placed in the main resetter channel. Make sure that the contact plate and the chip of your cartridge are connected. These are the instructions:
- Open the door to the Canon ink cartridge tray and take out the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge into the main resetter cable.
- Make sure that the ink cartridge chip (and the resetter contact plates) make contact.
- Press the cartridge for a few seconds.
- When a contact is made, the LED light on your chip resetter will flash a few times.
- Once the light is constant, you can release the Canon ink cartridge.
- Now, attach it to your Canon printer.
This method is not recommended for all users. If you encounter such a problem, please refer to our Canon Printer Troubleshooting Measures to Fix It.
Method 3: Reset Canon Ink Cartridge via Stop/Resume/Ok/Reset Button
The Stop, Resume or Ok button may be present on your Canon Printer. It is possible to reset the cartridge of your printer by using one of these buttons. You will only need to follow a 2-step process to use one of these buttons. You can press any of the buttons on your Canon printer to complete these steps. Next, hold the button for up to 5 seconds.
- Press “Stop”/”Resume”/”Ok”/”Reset” on your Canon printer.
- Click the button to activate for 5 seconds
The printing will now be set to ” ink “.
Method 4: Reset Canon Ink Cartridge via Resume Button
This section will show you how to reset your Canon printer’s ink cartridge using the Resume button. You can use it by pressing the Resume button. You will also need to press the Power button. After a while you can release the Power button and press the Resume button at least five times.
- Hold the ” Resume ” button on your printer.
- Tap and hold the ” Power ” button.
- Click the ” ” button.
- Then tap the “Resume” button five times.
- Now, click the “Power” button.
The power light or ink level will stop blinking, and the system will become stable. This completes the process.
Method 5 – Resetting Canon Ink Cartridges by Reinstalling
Some users might be curious to learn if reinstallation is possible to reset the Canon printer’s ink cartridge. Reinstallation is a good option. You can start by unplugging the machine and then hitting the On/Off key. The cable must be connected at the same time. To reinstall the cable, tap the Reset/Stop key at least twice. You can continue the process by visiting Shipping Mode 3.
- Turn off the Canon Printer and unplug it.
- Tap the “On”, or “Off” buttons. At the same time, plug in the cable.
- Double-press the “Stop” and “Reset” buttons. Continue holding down the “On” and “Off” buttons simultaneously.
- Now, press the “On” button or “Off”.
- Next, press the “Right Arrow” button to switch to “Shipping Mode 3”.
- To choose the mode, press ” Ok “.
- After the “Without cleaning” message appears on the screen, tap the “Stop” and “Reset” buttons.
- Next, remove the cover from your printer.
- Move the cartridge towards the left.
- Connect the Canon printer.
- Remove both the ink cartridges.
- Close the printer cover.
- Connect the power cable to the printer and hit the “On” or the “Off” buttons.
- You will receive a message telling you to ” Replacing Cartridgesspan-data-preserver-spaces=”true “>”. Place the cartridges back.
- It may take some time for the printer to recognize them. Once they are recognized, the process will be completed.
Note: The HTML5 method is great for Canon PIXMA Printers with LCD or a display panel.
Method 6 – Reset Canon Ink Cartridge Using Color Start Button
This sixth method will show you how to reset your Canon Printer’s ink cartridge using the Color Start button. To use this button, keep your device turned on and hit the Reset button. Make sure that you press the Colour Start button while you do this. Repeat this step twice. Your device will begin to configure itself later.
These guidelines are the last.
- Start your Canon printer.
- Tap the “Reset” button. Continue pressing the “Color Start” button.
- Continue step 2 for 5 seconds.
- Now, you can leave the “Color Start” button and press the “Reset”.
- Wait for 20 seconds for your device to be configured.
- Tap the “Tool” button when you see “1”.
- Now “A” should be visible. Continue holding the “Tool” button and the “Reset” button together.
- If the lights stop blinking leave the “Tool” button and press the “Reset” button.
- Turn off your printer. Press the “Power” and “Reset/Stop” buttons simultaneously.
- The Power LED will be lit. Tap the “Reset/Stop” button two times. Continue holding the “Power” button.
- Now, release the buttons. Now the device will be in service mode.
- The LED lights will turn green. Tap the “Stop”, or “Reset” button.
- Now press the “Orange”, “Green”, and “Orange” buttons once, twice, then “Orange”, then “Green”, button 4 times, then then “Green”, button 5 times, then then “Orange”, button 6 times, then finally “Green”, button 6 times, then then “Orange”, button 11 times, and finally “Green”, button 12 times.
Please note: This method can be used to reset the Canon ink cartridges in Canon Pixma Series All Models
Where can I find the Reset button on a Canon Printer’s Printer?
We have provided several ways to reset your device’s ink cartridge. To reset the cartridge, some of these methods will require you to use the Reset button. It is possible that not all users were able to locate the Canon printer reset button. You might want to take a look at the following image:
The button marked by “( An span data-preserver spaces=” true “>)” indicates where the Reset button was placed.
Also Read: How Custom Printed Rigid Boxes Are Best for Jewelry Products