While importing transactions in QuickBooks, users sometimes come across the QuickBooks error OL 222. The error is a result of an invalid response from the Financial Institution or importing more than one characters .QBO file, which is not compatible with the Open Financial Exchange standard. Normally, we can fix the error by editing the .QBO file. On the occurrence of this error, the user gets an error message, “QuickBooks is unable to verify the Financial Institution Information for this download. Please try again later.” Go through the complete blog to know what prompts QuickBooks error OL 222 with Chase Bank and how to fix it.
If you are unable to resolve QuickBooks error OL-222 on your own, connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for help by calling us on our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042.
Reasons that can cause error OL 222 with Chase Bank
The factors that give rise to the error are as follows:
- Presence of unsupported characters in the .QBO file.
- There are some communication issues between QuickBooks and the financial institution.
- The financial institution server is down.
- Imported .QBO file is not compatible with the Open Financial Exchange standard.
Methods to Troubleshoot & Fix QuickBooks Online Banking error OL 222
The most important step before proceeding to any troubleshooting solution is generating a backup of your company data. If you have not created one already, follow the steps given below to do the same:
- Open QuickBooks, select the File menu, and click Switch to Single-user Mode.
- Click the File menu, choose Backup Company, and click Create Local Backup.
- Go to the Create Local Backup window, click Local Backup, and then Next.
- From the Local Backup Only window, click Browse and choose a location to save the backup.
- Finally, click OK, then Save it now, and then Next.
Method 1. Updating QuickBooks to the latest release
- Close all open company files first and then quit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start menu and look for the QuickBooks Desktop icon among the list of programs.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon, click the Run as Administrator option and go to the No Company Open screen.
- From there, click the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Options menu, click Mark All, and choose the Save button.
- Click the Update Now tab, select the Reset Update checkbox, and click Get Updates.
- Download the update completely, then open QuickBooks and click Yes to install it.
This blog is posted on latest international news.
Method 2. Edit the .QBO file
- Search for the .QBO file, right-click it and select Edit.
- Choose any text editor application to open the file.
- Search and delete & from the text because it is an invalid character.
- Now, save the .QBO file again.
You have now tried each and every method of this blog, it is time to reach to a Pro advisor for help.
This advisory blog has covered the best troubleshooting methods that will help you in fixing QuickBooks error OL 222. If you are stuck or still getting the same error, get help from the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042.